Let’s Go Places
I just spent a week with the all-new 2019 Toyota RAV 4 Adventure AWD (thanks to the people at Southeast Toyota who loaned it to me) and it wasn’t nearly long enough. I had recently reviewed the Toyota Highlander Hybrid and was curious as to how it would compare.
This fifth-generation RAV4 started its life in 1996. The small crossover SUV is one of the best selling on the market. With a new engine on the inside, AWD, an all-new exterior, and full of macho touches with an aggressive grille, hood, and end-cut tail makes this car ooze charisma. This new model improves what people love about the rugged RAV4.
Driving it is a different story.
This small SUV has manners. In sport mode, the shifts are fast and furious, although the engine seems a bit noisy. In both normal and eco-modes it runs smooth and quiet. I was very happy with the power and transmission. The RAV4 Adventure offers the largest wheel and tire package, which improves handling and works well with the light and precise steering.
The interior cabin offers a clean design.
The seating is comfortable, even on long highway drives. Multiple shelves and bins make up the RAV’s cool interior. The contrasts are well within reach, and the blue flame ice edge paint scheme car that they dropped off for me is hard to miss. While I’m in Florida I was not really able to test the AWD mode (I’d love to take this up into the mountains during winter), the RAV4 Adventure was fun and a pleasure to drive. The concierge picked it up last week and I have to say that I miss it already!
Get ready… with an MSRP of $32,900 and a total of for the tricked out model that I drove at $39,634 it sounds a bit pricey for a RAV4, but this RAV4 with the AWD Adventure Package may be worth it.
- 2.5L 4 cylinder engine
- Direct shift 8-speed automatic transmission
- Torque vectoring AWD with multi-terrain select for mud, sand, rock, dirt, and snow
- Eco, Sport and Normal driving modes
- Toyota safety sense 2.0 pre-collision system with pedestrian detection
- Full speed range dynamic radar cruise control
- Lane departure alert with steering assist
- Auto high beams
- Roadside assistance
- Blindspot monitor with rear cross alert
- 8 airbags
- Downhill assist control
- Anti-theft with alarm
- Matte black accented 19 incl alloy wheels
- LED headlamps/Daytime running lights
- Integrated fog lamps
- Adventure roof rack
- Power liftgate
- Toyota’s Entune 30 audio plus with 8-inch touch screen
- 6 audio speakers
- Hands-free Bluetooth for phone AND music
- USB media port & 4 USB charge ports
- Sirius XM with a 3-month all-access trial
- Apple and Android car play compatible
- Smart key system with push-button start/stop
- Power driver seat
- Soft tex seat material
- 7″ color multi informational display
- Dual-zone automatic A/C with rear vents
- Rear cargo power outlet
Adventure grade weather package
- Heated and trimmed steering wheel
- Perforated heated and ventilated front bucket seats
- Rain sensing wipers with de-icer function
- Power tilt slide moonroof
Adventure grade tech package
- Intelligent sonar with cross-traffic braking
- Digital display rearview mirror with HOMELINK
- Smartphone charging with charge indicator lights
- Entune 3.0 premium audio dynamic NAV
- JBL sound system including 9 LX speakers
- 8″ touchscreen AM/FM/HD radio
- Audio port, USB media port, 4 USB charging ports
- Dynamic NAV with up to a 5-year trial
- Hands-free phone and music via Bluetooth
- Safety connect with 3-year trial
- Wifi connect by Verizon with 6-month trial
- Destination assist with 6-month trial
Take a spin for yourself in RAV4 ADVENTURE SUV